Life insurance can provide years of income to your loved ones in an affordable way.
In the event of your passing, life insurance is a promise to pay money directly to your beneficiaries. In addition to covering your family's daily expenses, life insurance can help your beneficiaries:
- Maintain their standard of living
- Pay off any household debt
- Secure your children's education
- Supplement retirement savings
Life insurance essentially comes in two types: Term Life Insurance and Permanent Life Insurance.
If you want life insurance for a set period of time — long enough to meet your anticipated responsibilities to those who depend on you — Term Life Insurance may be right for you.
If you are looking for flexibility and lifetime coverage, some form of Permanent Life Insurance may make sense. Permanent Life Insurance also offers access to a cash value component which can be put to good use during your lifetime.
Often employers make additional insurance protection available for certain accidental losses. Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage generally pays for accidental loss of life, limbs, speech, hearing or sight, paralysis and more. It can be available as a low-cost part of your company-paid basic coverage, an employee-paid coverage, or both.
Why you should consider group life insurance offered by your employer?
When you purchase life insurance through the workplace, you have the following advantages:
- Competitive group rates
- Guaranteed issue means you can get a certain amount of coverage without answering health questions or taking a medical exam
- Convenient payroll deductions
- Easy access to enrollment support tools and educational tools that can help you make the right decisions about what type and amount of insurance is right for you
- The confidence that your employer has reviewed and selected the plan.
Group Life Insurance may be offered complements of your employer, on a contributory basis or on a voluntary basis. In some cases, an employer may pay for a specific amount of group life insurance and offered supplemental life insurance that the employee can purchase for themselves and their dependents.
Group Life Insurance
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|