Building Better Benefits Together since 1997
Group Health Insurance
As of January 2016, New York has adopted a new definition of Small and Large Employers for the purposes of purchasing group health insurance.
Small Group Health Plans in New York (1-99 full-time equivalent employees) Premium rates are community rated.
Large Group Health Plans in New York (100 or more fulltime equivalent employees) Premium rates are based on the demographics of the employees, claims experience (if available), nature of business and in some instances the prescription drug history of the members.
We are pleased to represent the following carriers in the NY Small Group Market serving employers with 1-100 full-time equivalent employees
New York businesses will have two more group health insurance carriers to choice from beginning April 1, 2017.
NYC's 3rd largest insurer is entering the small group market with 8 new EPO options to choice from. Plans include Telemedicine and No-Cost Flu vaccines.
Small Group Health Options (1-99 FTE)
- HMO- Health Maintenance Organization
- EPO- Exclusive Provider Organization
- POS- Point-of-Service
- PPO- Preferred Provider Organization
- HDHP- High Deductible Health Plans (HSA or HRA)
- PEO- Professional Employer Organization
- Private Exchange
* All plans are Fully Insured
Large Group Health Options (100 + FTE)
- All of the options available to small employers plus
- Level Funding
- Administrative Services Only (ASO)
- Captive Health Plans
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC plans)
- Branded Private Exchange
REQUEST A QUOTE